The shift to digital platforms and mobile-first communications expedited by the impact of a global pandemic have highlighted the value of adept IT and information systems professionals to businesses.
Murray State University’s Master of Science in Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics focuses on building the skills needed to make strategic decisions for businesses and enterprises at an executive level on matters like data sourcing, data organization, data management, data-driven decision making, and statistical modeling.
Job prospects are bright for computer and information systems managers. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment for this category will increase by 10% from 2019 to 2029, which is significantly faster than the average for all occupations.
Here are a few roles graduates with a master’s in information systems can explore:
- Information Technology Director: These leaders are responsible for directing and managing their company’s technical operations. Such tasks can include developing effective strategies for adopting specific software, testing hardware applications, networking with vendors, and organizing team schedules.
- Database Administrator: These professionals manage an organization’s data assets and systems. Technology, healthcare, education, and finance are examples of industries that employ database administrators. Data security, data backup, and database maintenance are some of the duties that belong to these individuals.
- Information Technology Consultant: Helping clients leverage information technology to efficiently meet business goals and objectives is the responsibility of IT consultants. They must remain flexible and current with various software and hardware technology. Consultants should also have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Average Salary: $121,105 per year
Median Salary: $93,750 per year
Average Salary: $79,265 per year
As society continues to move through the changes and advancements that the digital age brings, the demand for adept information systems professionals will increase across industries. An M.S. in Information Systems from an accredited program can provide the foundational skills needed to succeed in the various roles that will be open to graduates.
Murray State’s online M.S. in Information Systems focused on Business Analytics includes the following concentration courses:
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Developing Analytics Applications
In the concentration courses, students learn to use spreadsheet functions and visualization tools, work through business case studies, and develop analytics applications building the practical expertise that they can take into jobs following graduation.